In 1901 the community of Coffeyburg in northern Daviess County, MO, was served by a newspaper called the Coffey Sun.

This is the Coffey Sun newspaper office in 1901, operated by Minnie (Bolar) and Allen Wade in Coffeyburg, MO. At left is Lillian Weldon (later married Dugger) at age 14. Notice photographs of William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt on the wall and the July 4th celebration poster. Underneath the presidential photos is “The Sun Office For All Kinds of Job Work.” Photo stamped “C.S. Gates, Photographer of Coffeyburg, MO.”