This is the Wabash Depot at Pattonsburg, MO, soon after the 1909 flood of the Grand River. (courtesy Carman Antiques)

The Quincy, Omaha & Kansas City Railroad (called the OK Railroad) between Trenton and Pattonsburg was constructed in 1896-97. It was abandoned in 1939. Lettering under the engineer’s window reads “Q.O. & K.C. R.R.” On the coal car is “Travel Via the Picturesque QO&KC Rails.” (courtesy Leta Wade)

The Wabash Railroad Depot at Pattonsburg, MO, in 1912. (courtesy Crystal Hathaway)

This Shultz Studio photo shows rural mail carriers before the Pattonsburg Post Office; on the right is Malpin’s Pharmacy. (date unknown).

A postcard scene of the Pattonsburg Christian Church, unknown date. (date unknown, courtesy Jack Tingler)

Democrat Boosters rallied at Pattonsburg, MO, on Oct. 30, 1912. This shows North Main Street with the Pattonsburg Bottling and Wabash train depot in the background. (Liddell Studio photo, courtesy Jack Tingler)

Jameson Band performed at Pattonsburg during a political rally on Oct. 30, 1912. Band members, from left, are W.O. Breeden, Roy Troxel, Paul McGee, Walter Fox, Bill Prichart, Jim Feurt, Bud Wyrick, Frank Smith, Tom McGee, John Curtis (from Pattonsburg), Cecil Walls, Dave Zeornes. (Liddell Studio photo, courtesy Jack Tingler)

Pattonsburg’s oldest school building. The last class to graduate from this building was 1922. The building was then used as a grade school for a number of years. (courtesy Earnest Dickerson, Pattonsburg)

Pattonsburg Baptist Church and Parsonage (circa 1925)

On June 18, 1928, Pattonsburg was struck by a cyclone. There were no fatalities but buildings, such as the Turner Hardware building, were damaged and families were homeless.

A tornado in 1928 took the roof of the ice plant north of the railroad tracks in Pattonsburg and hit the corner of the Baptist Church, taking the front off and shearing off a telephone pole. This building was located on North Main. No deaths occurred during the tornado but a cellar south of the Methodist Church was refuge for 28 persons.

Gilbert Hutchinson at the keyboard of the linotype at the Pattonsburg Call. Hutchinson later became owner and publisher until retirement when he sold the newspaper to Gallatin Publishing Company.

Wheat piled on Main Street of Pattonsburg, MO, in July 1955 when all available storage space was filled. (courtesy Alice Wilson)

According to the Pattonsburg Star-Press, W.J. Groomer came to Pattonsburg in 1882 and worked for $35 a month for the Kimball Lumber Company. The Groomers eventually became owners of the business until 1936. At the time of this photo, the lumber and hardware store was owned by Donald Brown. Brown Lumber also operated for a time as Richardson lumber Company. The building was located at the intersection of Route Z and Main Street in Pattonsburg, on the east side of Main Street. (Source: Helen Warford)

Some farmsteds found in Daviess County, MO, stood apart for its simple architecture. This example was the barn owned by Walter Warford at Pattonsburg, MO. (date unknown)

A popular annual event held at the old town site of Pattonsburg, MO, was its Car Show. (circa 1985)

All sorts of vehicles were displayed and completed for trophies and “bragging rights.” (circa 1985)

The Grand River frequently flooded the old town site of Pattonsburg, MO, as shown this aerial photograph. (date unknown)

The Grand River frequently flooded the old town site of Pattonsburg, MO, as shown this aerial photograph. (date unknown)